Wanna get rid of them? Here's how.
The procedure described below will move your desktop icons around a little, change your existing blackberry wallpaper and move all non-standard applications back to the download folder. If you can't handle this, then don't proceed.
Also note; this procedure gets rid of the icons on the front page of the blackberry but it doesn't remove the shaded bar at the top of the screen.
PART 1: GETTING THE THEME ONTO YOUR BLACKBERRY
- First we need to obtain a theme that doesn't contain those icons
Here's a link to one on Crackberry.com. I'm not sure if you need to be logged in to get it or not.
- Download and Unzip the files - there should be an .ALX file in the archive.
- Next, Connect your Blackberry to your computer via the USB Cable
- Start Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Click the icon marked Application Loader
- Click the button marked Browse...
- Browse to where you unzipped the files and select No_Icons.ALX
- Click Ok.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Wait a minute... it took literally a minute on my blackberry - so don't panic.
- Close out of Blackberry Manager (and stop the blackberry services and disconnect your device).
PART 2: SELECTING THE THEME
- Go to the Spanner icon (options)
- Click on Theme
- Choose No Icons
- Then Close everything back to the main menu and presto... it should be clean.
- Don't forget, you'll have to reset your home screen picture and icons.
Did I mention that you can find lots of pictures (and use a great wallpaper maker at crackberry.com)?