What we've discovered is that if we attach a file using a Lotus Notes 8.5.1 client, everything behaves as per normal in the Notes client but if we use a web browser to look at the NotesDocument, the file name disappears.
It's best illustrated.
On the left, you can see how the attachment renders in the Notes client using a standard discussion database. On the right, you can see how it renders in the web browser. There is no filename. It's not white-on-white, it's simply not there.
- It only happens when we use Lotus Notes 8.5.1 clients, but it's not a problem with 8.5
- I've only tested the problem on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
- It happens on lots of computers, regardless of brand, configuration and memory.
- Our Domino server is currently still 7.0.2 (this might be the problem?)
- It happens with customised databases and with the standard R7 and R851 templates.
As I've said before, I haven't used IBM support (other than online discussion databases) in the last ten years because the online community was so much better than support. I opened two PMRs recently mainly to test support.
I've been sending a few emails back and forth but I'm running out of ways to describe the problem. Right now, we're just six days shy of the one-month anniversary of my original submission (I'm glad I marked it urgent) - hence my comment about not really getting engagement.
Has anyone else seen this problem?