How to Set up Rooms Properly in Office 365 - Part 2 (Extending Booking Time)
Following on from Part 1 where I talked about how to get rooms to show up in the room list, here's the next step where we extend the booking time from the default of 180 days.
Why is there a limit?In most circumstances, a limit makes perfect sense. It stops employees from booking meeting rooms for years in advance and then leaving the company.
In our case, it's actually fairly common to book the meeting schedule up to about 18 months into the future - so the 180 day (6 month) limit is quite restricting for us.
I decided to change the limit to 730 days. Essentially two years.
The StepsI'm going to assume that you're familiar with PowerShell by now... I wasn't when I wrote Part 1 but now PowerShell is my friend. If you're unsure about how to execute the steps, please go back and check Part 1 as there's only a couple of commands at the end that are different.
So, without further ado;
- Start PowerShell as Administrator (Local Admin Rights).
- Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
- $UserCredential = Get-Credential
- Put your Office365 User Name and Password (with Admin rights) in.
- $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
- Import-PSSession $Session
- Now here comes the commands that you need to change;
- Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Projects Meeting Room" -BookingWindowInDays 730
- Note that "Projects Meeting Room" is the name of the room and 730 is the number of days to allow bookings in the future.
- You may want to add several similar lines after this. I did..
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Small Meeting Room" -BookingWindowInDays 730
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Large Meeting Room" -BookingWindowInDays 730
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Board Room" -BookingWindowInDays 730
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Projects Meeting Room" -BookingWindowInDays 730
- Remove-PSSession $Session
That's it. You should now be able to book rooms further in the future.